Monday, May 25, 2009

The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford


The Assassination of Jesse James

by the Coward Robert Ford


Photobucket

I thought this film would be interesting and I was right. I've been a bit indecisive on the whole modernization of old western cult hero's. This film does deliver but be prepared for the long haul on it. Jesse James is portrayed by Brad Pitt as a early 30s man ready to settle down and hang the guns on the coat rack. Casey Affleck plays Robert Ford. Pretty much stalking Jesse James in the beginning in a very creepy manner. Very well portrayed. The voice Robert Ford has brought bumps to the back of my neck. The camera work in the film is amazing and the soundtrack is partially done by no other Nick Cave. After I saw the ending credits with Nick Cave's name up, it all made sense. It's a film I can see on the Sundance channel for sure and a sleeper. Slow start and a great ending.

Overall I give it 3 out 5.

No comments: