Monday, May 11, 2009

Film Review: Let the Right One In

Film Review: Let the Right One In

I just got done watching Let the Right One In and I can already say it is one of the best vampire flicks I have ever seen. The story revolves around a young boy's interest in the girl next door. The problem being, she's a vampire. I was fascinated throughout the entire film at how they pulled off such a simple story with elegance and thought without tapping into cliche. As a parallel take Twilight as an example. Both stories involve a love affair between a human and vampire, yet only one of them pulls it off with a sense of sophistication. The one with the kids rather than 20 somethings!
This is a story everyone can relate to despite the supernatural element. I was also extremely impressed with the acting from these kids, especially Eli the vampire. She had me convinced she was ancient and young at the same time. Very curious.
The cinematography was fantastic, and the pacing of the film was spot on without dragging out. I suggest you give it a try and see what you think. If you happen to have a Netflix account you can watch it instantly right now! Pretty sweet.
I rate it 5 decapitated heads

I agree with most of what Eric wrote above. This film is more than just another vamp out and killem flick. I'm in debate to even consider it a horror film but definitely a drama. The camera work and film score has to be the best I've seen this year for snow scenes. It's a feeling of watching an Edward Gorey drawing come to life.
I'm buying this film when hits the shelves.
I rate it 5 decapitated heads.

No comments: