Sunday, December 20, 2009

Film Review: White Dog

Film Review:White Dog

Photobucket

I took interest in this film a while ago for the reason it was portraying a White German Shepherd. I'm a proud owner of a White German Shepherd and he's pretty huge. I really didn't know what the film was about. It's actually a very disturbing film about a racist dog that kills on site. It has a strong theme about if racism is a curable mental illness or a learned behavior. The owners try to reverse what was brought onto the shepherd with great struggle. The film was so controversial at it's time Paramount refused to release it cause of it's strong content. This film is now part of the Criterion Collection as well. I found the movie well produced and well written. Based from a novel of the same title. I highly recommend this film.

Here is a trailer for the film.


No comments: