Monday, July 5, 2010

Film Review: Exit Through the Gift Shop

Film Review: Exit Through the Gift Shop

Photobucket

One of the most interesting films I've seen in a while that kept me at the edge of my seat in laughter and amusement. The film is not entirely based on the illusive Banksy just to say. He does have a few clandestine like comments throughout the film which is really amazing. Shepard Fairey is seen much in the film, scenes of him at the print shop and posting up his art at night in some of the most daring spots. Other artists are captured on the camera while on their night ventures. There's even an amusing scene at Disneyland. I couldn't help laugh out loud during much of the film with it's quirkiness and wit. I honestly don't want to say too much on the film cause I just feel that you just need to watch it to understand. Another surprise would be the film music is by Geoff Barrow, the man behind Portishead. Banksy is from Bristol and so is Portishead, makes sense. I highly recommend to watch this film or add it to your DVD collection. This made in my top list of favorite films that I would watch over and over.

Photobucket

3 comments:

Sandman said...

Richard,

I've been meaning to catch this film for a few months now. I don't know much about Banksy beyond the images I've seen online, and in different cities here or there (there's a lot of recreations of his stuff in downtown Jacksonville Florida, for some reason LOL). But I had no idea Geoff Barrow did the music. That's dope as hell. I'm gonna try to see it this week if I can.

Sandman

Megalithic Rick said...

Deff a good movie. I was laughing alot as well. Mr Brainwash is amazing hehehe.

richard henry said...

What if Banksy created Mr. Brainwash and painted all the art as a prank? That's one of the rumors going around. He is a bit of a prankster ya know.