Monday, December 15, 2008

Best film of 2008

The Dark Knight



I've seen many movies in 2008. I would have to say more than the average movie goer. Easily over 200 films as I checked with my video account the other day. I look for in films good screen writing, acting, cinematography, storyline, irony, vengeance, film score, and a great ending. I've sat on this for a while and decided to go with the Dark Knight as my pick for the best film of 2008. This film covers everything with flying colors. Such an amazing film with it's deep meanings that could be easily looked over. As the Joker attempts to foil the city by corrupting it's cities white knight in shining armor with blood on his armor to show that everyone is corruptible Batman takes the blame for everything that Harvey Dent in his Two face persona destroyed in pure vengeance brought on by the Joker. Batman find himself to become the Dark Knight. Self sacrifice for the greater good by taking the fault of others. Some things are better left unknown. The last monologue from the film is very powerful in many ways.
The battle between the Joker and Batman can be summed as the ideal of when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object. A common yet un looked theme between people. It just never ends. Next time watching the film take a deeper look at what's below. I give this hands down as my pick for film of 2008.

Looking forward for the next in the Batman series, rumor has it the Penguin will be in it.

No comments: